Isaac Good, BASc
- 2020-present: Reliability Engineer at Two Sigma.
- 2019-2020 (16 months): Google Drive SRE. Managing Drive :) Keeping the lights on and the fires out.
- 2017-2018 (two years): Network SRE at Google. Managed Google's customer facing backbone network. Responsible for responding to networking incidents of many sorts as well as playing a role in our router upgrade infrastructure. I learned a lot about routers, networking protocols and other network-y topics.
- 2016: Short stint exploring new and exciting opportunities at a younger company. Exposing myself to new systems and environments to broaden my range of experiences and see how things are done at other places. Developing new skills and learning new systems to have a better understanding and appreciation of what's out there and what is used in large cloud-based products.
- 2013-2016 (three years): Spanner SRE at Google. Managing and trouble shooting large, complicated systems. Spanner info: research.google and Wikipedia. SRE info and SRE AMA. Spanner is part of Tech Infrastructure.
- 2012-2013: Software Developer at OANDA
- 2009-2011: Graduate student (dropped out) at the University of Toronto.
- Education: 2004-2009 BASc Computer Engineering.
- Technical skills:
- Languages: Python, Go, bash, awk, sed. Rusty with but used to know: Perl, C, C++, Java.
- Tools: vim, git, compilers (gcc, g++), debuggers (gdb, some profiling tools).
- Systems: Linux. I've played with DHCP, PXE, cron, lots and lots of automation.
- Hobbies: photography, cycling (I'm somewhat a bike mechanic on the side), coffee, computers, getting into 3D modeling (more stuff on my GitHub), reading fantasy, other athletic stuff like hiking, rock climbing, martial arts, motorcycling.
- Programs I love: dwm (window manager), vim, screen, newsbeuter, irssi
- Contact info: either email isaac at "isaac good.com" (take out the space) or find me on Libera Chat using the nick yitz. If I know you, I got Facebook, Google+, Twitter, IM and all that sort of stuff.
- Past hobbies: InkScape, POV-Ray, Rubic's Cube, computer games, Palm Pilot programming, calligraphy
- Dreams: Explore Europe, tour the world, go backpacking and camping, spend a weekend outdoors doing rock climbing (some kayaking would be fun, too)
- What else..?
- Cycling. Follow me on Strava.
- Coffee. I drink it. I also roast it.
- Cooking. Sourdough. Sous vide. Yogurt making. A bit of everything.
- Mentoring students on Exercism.io on the bash track.
- Some largely unused dusty accounts: Flickr Twitter LinkedIn
- Email me! contactme@(firstname)(lastname).com
- Family Good website
- A few past projects and hobbies: