Isaac Good, BASc
- 2016-??: Exploring new and exciting opportunities at a younger company. Exposing myself to new systems and environments to broaden my range of experiences and see how things are done at other places. Developing new skills and learning new systems to have a better understanding and appreciation of what's out there and what is used in large cloud-based products.
- 2013-2016: Spanner SRE at Google. Managing and trouble shooting large, complicated systems. Spanner info: research.google and Wikipedia. SRE info and SRE AMA. Spanner is part of Tech Infrastructure.
- 2012-2013: Software Developer at OANDA
- 2009-2011: Graduate student (dropped out) at the University of Toronto.
- Education: 2004-2009 BASc Computer Engineering.
- Technical skills:
- Languages: I'm pretty good at Python, bash, awk. Familiar with sed, Perl. Rusty with but used to know: C, C++, Java.
- Tools: vim, git, compilers (gcc, g++), debuggers (gdb, some profiling tools).
- Systems: Linux. I've played with DHCP, PXE, cron, lots and lots of automation.
- Hobbies: photography, cycling (I'm somewhat a bike mechanic on the side), coffee, computers, getting into 3D modeling (more stuff on my GitHub), reading fantasy, other athletic stuff like hiking, rock climbing, martial arts, motorcycling.
- Programs I love: dwm (window manager), vim, screen, newsbeuter, irssi
- Contact info: either email isaac at "isaac good.com" (take out the space) or find me on FreeNode using the nick yitz. If I know you, I got Facebook, Google+, Twitter, IM and all that sort of stuff.
- Past hobbies: InkScape, POV-Ray, Rubic's Cube, computer games, Palm Pilot programming, calligraphy
- Dreams: Explore Europe, tour the world, go backpacking and camping, spend a weekend outdoors doing rock climbing (some kayaking would be fun, too)
- What else..?
More specific linkages
Some software I've written. I also got some code on GitHub. Additionally, I have some contributions to newsbeuter, an open source, ncurses based RSS client and patches which I contributed to pacman, the open source Archlinux package manager.
I've helped develop the Stalker.pl script for irssi ncurses irc client and been made a contributor to that project. I've written and tweaked a bunch of other irssi scripts as well (some on GitHub).
- Some largely unused dusty accounts: Flickr Twitter LinkedIn
- Email me! contactme@(firstname)(lastname).com
- Rubic's cube photos. One of my past hobbies.
- Some random POV-Ray stuff I made + source
- Some stuff I made using Inkscape
- A brief foray into MIDI and audio generation. (2015/07/03)